Registration of address on arrival

You are required to report the address of your place of residence in Budapest to the Immigration Office at Szegedi út, not later than 30 days upon your arrival in Hungary. You need to report your new address to the Immigration Office every time that you change your place of residence. You will need the following documents for registration:

  • your passport
  • photocopies of the page in your passport with your personal data and the date of expiry of the passport, plus the page with the Hungarian student visa
  • original lease contract of the apartment in Hungarian,
  • property sheet (title deed) of the apartment (which the owner of the apartment must obtain for you from the Regional Land and Real Estate Registry Office)
  • a completed housing registration form (lakcimbejelentő) signed by the owner.